If you already own a domain name but need to build a WEBSITE, the steps on this page will help guide you.
Step 1 - Your Hosting Plan
Since you already own your own domain, your first step is easy. You will just need to choose a hosting plan. All hosting plans from KloudWire provide the most robust services, apps and tools you will ever need, plus unlimited traffic, storage and more.
For most people the Kloud Basic plan is fine. It is for hosting a single domain. And in the future if you want to add more, you can always upgrade later.
Your web hosting account is set up with the DOMAIN, or the address to your website (yourdomain.com). This hosting account is where your website files will be stored so that when people visit yourdomain.com they see your website.
Your web hosting account is also where you can set up email accounts for your domain (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.) Setting up emails is one of the things you will be able to do in your cPanel.
cPanel is the Control Panel that you can manage your web hosting account with. Your cPanel also provides a place for you to get support, manage your website files and a long list of other features - some of them advanced and some of them basic.
KloudWire provides detailed, step-by-step video tutorials that show you how to use your cPanel features.
Step 2 - Point Your Domain
Once you have a web hosting plan from KloudWire, all you do is point your domain to it.
You do this at the registrar's website - that is, the place you purchased your domain name (GoDaddy, Register.com, NameCheap, Teknon Domains, etc.)
This process always sounds more complicated and technical than it is. In fact, it's very easy and only takes a minute or two to complete.
Pointing your domain to the web host you are using is also called "updating your name servers" or "updating your DNS record" - depending on which registrar you use. But either way, the process is the same.
It works like this:
1. You login to your domain registration account (at GoDaddy, or wherever domain is registered) and navigate to your domain manager. You will find a place where you can update your nameservers/DNS.
2. You simply replace the existing nameservers with the TWO you were given when you purchased your KloudWire Hosting account. They will look something like this:
Save your changes and you're done. In a matter of minutes, your domain will point to your KloudWire web hosting account.
Q: What if I don't know who my registrar is?
A: You can research your domain's public record by going to https://whois.net/ and looking it up. If that becomes confusing, KloudWire support can do it for you. Just submit a HELP DESK ticket and we can find your registrar for you.
Q: Can KloudWIre support point my domain for me?
A: Yes...but we'll need your login credentials for your domain registration account. Just submit a HELP DESK ticket and we can help you with that step.
Step 3 - Your Website
There are numerous ways to build a website, but we have narrowed down our suggestions to the following 3 options we think are best.
- KloudPage - This option is great for beginners or anyone who needs a quick and simple website. It's a template-driven drag-and-drop platform that anyone can use. Also, access to KloudPage is included with any 1 year KloudWire hosting plan, so there's no additional cost. So, when you purchase your 1 year KloudWire account, this web builder is already available to you.
- 90 Second Website Builder - If you are ready for something more advanced than just beginner level, this option may work well for you. 90 Second Website Builder requires a Windows PC and is a professional web design software application that does everything you would ever need. You can build unlimited websites and you create them securely, offline. You simply publish your work to your KloudWire hosting account as you make changes to your site(s) with it's built-in publishing feature. It's easy to use for building basic websites because it is a drag and drop interface. But it also has hundreds of advanced features and tools if you want to get serious about web design. Many 90 Second Website Builder users create websites for other people and businesses with this program because it is powerful and flexible enough to use as professional web design software.
- WordPress - This is by far the most well-known and most popular way to build your website. Some 60 million websites on the Internet are built with WordPress. Whether you are a beginner or building a website for a major corporation, WordPress has become the favorite in the web design and development community. WordPress installations are free and very easy to do with KloudWire. Our simple "one-click" WordPress installer makes it easy to add the WordPress framework to your hosting account without having to upload, download, install, configure or make database connections...Our installer does it all for you. Plus you can start with any one of hundreds of built-in themes and change them anytime at the click of a mouse.As with anything worthwhile, creating a website with WordPress still has a learning curve - depending on how complex you want your website to be. That's why KloudWire provides detailed step-by-step WordPress training by way of video tutorial.
If you are not sure what platform or software you want to use for creating your website, WordPress is our most commonly suggested method - and using WordPress with KloudWire makes it easy to get started.
© BlackWire Marketing, LLC
1292 High St - Suite 219
Eugene OR 97401
KloudWire Web Hosting
is a service of BlackWire Marketing, LLC